While we are in our college years, particularly at BYU, there are a few things on our minds. Who is that cute girl/guy in my physics class? How will I pay for next month’s rent? What should I study? Will I be able to get a job after graduation? In my opinion editorial I will be addressing the latter of these questions.
We are all here working away at a college degree, which, with the current economic problems, might not help us get a job in the end. This can be disheartening for us seeing how we have invested thousands of dollars into our educations. With daily news reports of high unemployment and hard economic times many of us are dreading graduation and being counted in “the unemployed”. But there is help out there, right? Well, isn’t the government suppose to solve these problems? But why do they persist?
For my opinion editorial I will be arguing that the government’s current tax policy direction is not helping to solve our economic problems, including unemployment.
This topic is of particular interest now, not only in campuses across the nation, but also in the public arena. With the upcoming presidential election, candidates will be addressing tax policy, offering their own ideas and solutions. All of this will greatly affect our lives and standard of living after our college years. So what is to be done? I hope to explore a solution that I feel would best serve our needs as recent college graduates as well as the needs of millions of Americans.
No comments:
Post a Comment